We are currently seeking an experienced Trainer to deliver a suite of accredited courses, assisting individuals to improve specific skills and move them closer to their personal goals, and/or closer to employment.
We would welcome applications from those with a record and experience of supporting learners to achieve qualifications across Functional Skills, Digital Skills, Retail and Warehouse. The successful applicant will possess relevant vocational experience and an assessing qualification. However, we are willing to support the successful applicant with training and qualifications.
Applicants for this post should have drive and enthusiasm and possess good interpersonal and organisational skills. You should have experience of working in a customer facing environment, as a people centred approach is vital. Applicants must be mobile throughout the region as this role may include travelling to premises across Tyneside.
Due to the nature of this post you will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure Check.
You will have the ability to adapt to various learning styles and manage varying sized groups effectively. You will have full responsibility of delivering innovative training solutions, based on local priorities and contractual requirements. There will be some basic training (staple requirements) that will allow you to commence training delivery straight away, however your ability to multi task coupled with a creative mindset will allow you to very quickly commence with new design and delivery.
Quality and Continuous Improvement
All our contracts are commissioner led, meaning we must adhere to strict quality and compliance regimes. You will therefore have a keen eye for detail with excellent administrative skills. Evaluation of your courses will be essential in ensuring these are adding value to our participant group and supporting them to move forward towards their personal goal(s). You will also have a continuous improvement mindset, striving for excellence and taking pride in the work you and your fellow colleagues deliver. Sharing ideas and best practice will come naturally to you as will taking on additional or different tasks to get the job done to the highest of standards.
People motivation, coaching and development
You will have outstanding people skills with the ability to negotiate and motivate through action. Your ability to identify and deploy effective solutions will come naturally to you. Ideally you will have a background from employability, training, education or learning and a true passion for supporting and positively impacting the lives of others. You will be comfortable supporting individuals on a 1-2-1 basis or in groups and have very strong engagement and communication skills.
What we are looking for…
• Performance driven with the ability to work to various targets including performance and quality measures
• Experience of being accountable for own work e.g. delivery required courses in a professional and timely fashion
• Excellent communicator both verbal and written
• Personal skills include creativity, being inspirational/able to create a personal impact, being able to command attention/control a situation/committed/highly motivated
• Be able to demonstrate a true passion for improving the lives of others
• A value’s driven individual
• Occupational experience in Retail/Customer Service and/or Warehouse.
• Hold a level 2 Literacy and Numeracy qualification
• Previous experience of using a e-portfolio system to effectively manage the learner journey
• Passionate about transforming people’s lives through teaching and learning
• Access to a car with a full UK driving license
• Training and development experience for 1 years
• Internal Verifiers qualification
• Certificate of Higher Education
• Experience of teaching qualifications across various sectors
• Keen interest in self-development
• Coming from a similar recent role
• Exposure of individuals with multiple or complex barriers, which may include incapacity benefit claimants, single parents, those with criminal records, mental health groups, those with specific disabilities
• Knowledge of welfare/benefits system