The Key Worker will carry out engagement activity with relevant organisations to promote the programme and support customers to positively engage with the programme. They will provide 1 to 1 support to customers who are long term unemployed to help them move towards employment.
The Key Worker will manage a caseload of customers to ensure appropriate and effective contractual activity is undertaken by all customers according to their level of job readiness and to address customer’s personal constraints to employment, providing advice and guidance where appropriate.
• Wide experience of working in a target driven environment with proven success of engaging and supporting individuals
• Experience in a training, education or learning environment that supports individual’s progression towards employment
• Must be dynamic , able to challenge, well organised and self-motivated
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
People motivation, coaching and development
• To effectively communicate the benefits of the programme and customise the programme description for potential participants.
• Establish and develop links with organisations who may be supporting or hosting potential participants and establish a presence where appropriate to stimulate programme starts.
• To identify, structure and recommend vacancy and training solutions, working closely with the participant to meet their specific needs.
• To motivate, stimulate and focus participants to positively engage in personnel action planning and subsequent actions to support a progressive plan towards returning to work.
• To provide advice, guidance and support to participants during their initial weeks of employment, supporting their transition from welfare to employment to maximise the
potential for participants to sustain employment in the longer term
Performance Management and Delivery
• To develop relationships and networks with key stakeholders including employers, jobcentre teams and provisions and funding providers to ensure smooth operation of all processes
• To process documentation accurately and timeously to ensure appropriate information is collated for claim and statistical purposes
Quality and Continuous Improvement
• To maintain participant records to ensure audit and quality assurance that meets the needs of the contract
• Maintain the highest standards of participant care at all times
• To attend training courses as identified and agreed in the Personal Development Plan
• To understand all aspects of the Company’s Equality Policies and Quality Management Systems and comply with and action, as appropriate, all of their regulations
• To understand personnel policy, including the Grievance and Disciplinary procedures of the company and ensure that these are rigidly adhered to at all times
• To ensure all Health and Safety procedures are adhered to, reporting any concerns/deficiencies to the nominated Health and Safety representative
• To ensure adherence with the policies and procedures related to the use of Web, Email and Mobile Phones
• To uphold and promote the good name and reputation of the company in all their dealings/contacts with participants. Involved/interested parties and the general public