The Programme Manager is directly responsible for the effective delivery and performance of Fair Start Scotland on behalf of People Plus in Highland and Islands in Scotland. This includes ensuring that all actions are taken to ensure the contract is delivered within budget and to agreed quality standards.
Through remote, direct and indirect management, the Programme Manager should ensure adequate work flow issues are addressed and milestone necessary for the participants journey are achieved.
A Programme Manager is responsible for the team’s and his/her strict adherence to the guidelines in accordance with the programme’s requirements and Triage’s policies and procedures. This is not an exhaustive list and an Programme Manager (will be expected to carry out any other duties as may be specified by the line manager from time to time. This profile is non-contractual.
Triage Central Limited requires the full commitment and cooperation of its employees to strictly adhere to the company policies, which include health and safety, diversity and safeguarding policies.
People motivation, coaching and development
• Through the scheduling of resources ensures consistent coverage of each and every geographical area meeting their needs for advice and guidance, employment training and employer engagement
• Ensure that periodic performance management meetings occur and are properly documented and that these set stretching but achievable targets following a thorough interrogation of performance
• Observes staff and provides constructive feedback, cascading this process down among the teams that report to this role.
• Identifies skills gaps and training needs
• Conducts bi-annual reviews and performance development reviews
• Delegates responsibilities and offers coaching to co-members
• Contacts training internal and external providers to help with development
• Discusses succession planning with Operations Director to improve overall skill sets on the programme
• Provides counselling and support to co-members as necessary
• Cascades information and disseminates company briefings and gains co-member commitment and ideas through a regular programme of team meetings
• Manages attendance including maintenance of leave and sickness records
• Supports the delivery of the Triage assessment process conducts probationary meetings with new staff as appropriate.
• Works closely with Operations Director on employee relations issues etc. Disciplinary and Grievance management
Performance Management and Delivery
• Completes daily, weekly and monthly checks of all KPIs, monitoring and analysing trends and best practice.
• Reporting and disseminating analysis of MI to senior management and reports as necessary
• Proposing and implementing changes to operational processes in conjunction with other teams and the Risk management function to ensure maximal utilisation and productivity of the teams that report to the role
• Implements plans and strategies to maximise team’s performance
• Reviews vacancies and caseload conferencing
• Uses team meetings to discuss performance reviews
• Presents quarterly presentations to the business and completes monthly reports
• Shares best practice with other Managers on performance management
• Promotes a high quality and minimal error ethos in the team
Relationships and Stakeholder Management
• Manages a regular formal programme of interaction with site specific staffing to ensure their needs are met by the teams within the remit of this role
• Completes set reports for Funding organisations as and when required
• Prepares and delivers presentations at partner and employer events
• Monitors and delivers against strategic employer engagement plans
• Attends employer and training provider sites to participate in the management of strategic relationships.
• Identifies strategic partner and employer requirements and takes ownerships of the planning process
• Contributes to strategic partnership development with the view of gaining new business and enhancing the productivity of existing relationships
• Reviews partnership performance and contractual milestone
• Ensures ongoing development of the business and its ability to meet contractual obligations
Finance and Facilities
• Ensures all income-generating events are tracked to ensure income is secured at the earliest possible opportunity
• Completes accurate KPI forecasting on a monthly basis
• Monitors and manages expenditure, budgets and forecasting
• Monitors government grant expenditure where relevant
• Liaises with management accounting functions regularly to review performance outcomes and expenditure
• Authorise requests for financial process payments
• Uses MI data to review/forecast participant costs
• Conduct health and safety and risk assessments regularly
• Reports any issues in relation to the problems with equipment, facilities and property maintenance
Quality and Continuous Improvement
• Ensures high quality customer service by timely recording of queries and emails
• Monitors customer service and resolves escalated complaints
• Promotes the importance continuous improvement to the team
• Pre-validates and checks files regularly where necessary
• Review rejections with Risk Management team and co-members
• Contributes to the company’s Evaluation of Service Survey
• Have overall responsibility for Safeguarding within their operational area, leading on the implementation of Triage’s safeguarding policy and procedure.
• Ensuring all staff within the operational area have access to and understands Triage’s safeguarding policy and procedures and how to report a concern. This includes liaising with Triage’s HR to ensure all new starts receive training.
• Advising and responding appropriately on safeguarding disclosures or concerns raised by management or employees directly.
• Participate in regular safeguarding forums with staff to allow for discussion and sharing of best practice to ensure safeguarding is always at the forefront of our service delivery.
• Reporting of concerns to the relevant investigating agencies( and HR where allegations relate to the conduct of an employee), ensuring (i) they have access to the most relevant up to date information; and (ii) relevant detailed and accurate written records are kept and stored securely using Triage’s reporting systems.
• Provide regular updates and reports to the Safeguarding Lead to keep them abreast of safeguarding within the operational area.
• Build strong relationships with local agencies and support services to ensure that concerns can be addressed quickly and appropriately.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Job Title: Programme Manager
Responsible to: Operations Director
Salary : £35,000- £40,000per annum
Place of Work: Highlands and Islands based in Inverness
Hours of Work: The core office hours of the Company will be 9.00 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Friday. To ensure the smooth running of the company you will work 35 hours per week. These hours may be required to be worked outside of the core hours, but between the hours of 8.00 am – 8.00 pm Monday to Friday as shall be required by the Company from time to time.
Holidays: 33 days per year including an allowance for statutory/bank holidays. Six of the 33 days will be allocated to Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Day, 2nd January (or days in lieu of these given by the Company at their discretion when these days fall on weekends), Easter Friday and Easter Monday, and you will require to take a holiday from your 33 days entitlement on these days. The Company will intimate details of these days each year.
Sickness: The company sickness entitlement will be on the basis of statutory sick pay with additional sick pay at the discretion of the company
Pension: The company operates a Group Personal Pension Plan, all staff are subjected to the auto enrolment rules, where employees are automatic enrolled, opted in or can request to join the scheme.
Driving Licence: A clean or near clean current driving licence would be an advantage.
• Extensive experience of team management across multiple sites and multiple contracts with the Welfare to Work or similar sector
• Experience and understanding of the design and implementation of complex operational processes across multiple teams
• Degree or relevant qualification. Degree topics may include psychology, sociology, and social care/science. Relevant qualifications would include Information Advice and Guidance NVQs. Brokerage Standard, Social Work qualifications or qualifications relating to work based learning with the specific participant groups this role will involve. Level 3 or 4 NVQ would be of interest
• Satisfactory demonstration of the Programme Managers’ attributes as detail below
• Understanding of Publically funded contracts
• Technical skills include strong administration skills, good computer/technology skills, basic numeracy/spreadsheet skills and good written communication/record keeping skills.
• Personal interests include interest in people and willingness to learn.
• Personal circumstances include willingness to travel
• Experience of working on programmes targeting relevant disadvantaged groups in society
• Experience of delivering foundation/vocational programmes
• Fluency in other community languages
• Technical skills include the ability to use technology to deliver results and knowledge of welfare/benefits system
• Personal interests regarding interest in career and self-development
• Personal circumstances allow for travel which is a requirements of this role.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities or those with health conditions.
Our application form is available in other formats upon request.
All applicants must obtain a Basic Disclosure or full PVG if appropriate on successful appointment.
Triage is a Disability Confident Employer who wishes to engage and encourage people with a disability or long term health condition, ensuring they have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum requirements for the job, and make reasonable adjustments to ensure candidates are not disadvantaged in any way.