The Employment Adviser will manage a caseload of participants to ensure appropriate and effective contractual activity is undertaken by all participants according to their level of job readiness and to address participant’s personal constraints to employment, providing advice and guidance where appropriate, providing 1 to 1 and group support to participants who are unemployed to help them move towards sustainable employment.
A successful candidate must have experience in a target driven environment and proven success in engaging and motivating others.
Triage Central Limited requires the full commitment and cooperation of its employees to strictly adhere to the company policies, which include health and safety, diversity and safeguarding policies. This profile is non-contractual.
People motivation, coaching and development
• To effectively communicate the benefits of the programme and customise the programme description for potential participants.
• Establish and develop links with organisations who may be supporting or hosting potential participants and establish a presence where appropriate to stimulate programme starts.
• To identify, structure and recommend vacancy and training solutions, working closely with the participant to meet their specific needs.
• To motivate, stimulate and focus participants to positively engage in personnel action planning and subsequent actions to support a progressive plan towards returning to work.
• To provide advice, guidance and support to participants during their initial weeks of employment, supporting their transition from welfare to employment to maximise the
potential for participants to sustain employment in the longer term
Performance Management and Delivery
• To develop relationships and networks with key stakeholders including employers, jobcentre teams and provisions and funding providers to ensure smooth operation of all processes
• To process documentation accurately and timeously to ensure appropriate information is collated for claim and statistical purposes
Quality and Continuous Improvement
• To maintain participant records to ensure audit and quality assurance that meets the needs of the contract
• Maintain the highest standards of participant care at all times
• Complete all company documentation required as part of the role accurately and timeously
• To attend training courses as identified and agreed in the Personal Development Plan
• To understand all aspects of the Company’s Equality Policies and Quality Management Systems and comply with and action, as appropriate, all of their regulations
• To understand personnel policy, including the Grievance and Disciplinary procedures of the company and ensure that these are rigidly adhered to at all times
• To ensure all Health and Safety procedures are adhered to, reporting any concerns/deficiencies to the nominated Health and Safety representative
• To ensure adherence with the policies and procedures related to the use of Web, Email and Mobile Phones
• To uphold and promote the good name and reputation of the company in all their dealings/contacts with participants. Involved/interested parties and the general public
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Job Title: Employment Adviser
Responsible to: Programme Manager
Salary £24,000- £25,750 per annum
Place of Work: Highlands and Islands
Hours of Work: The core office hours of the Company will be 9.00 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Friday. To ensure the smooth running of the company you will work 35 hours per week. These hours may be required to be worked outside of the core hours, but between the hours of 8.00 am – 8.00 pm Monday to Friday as shall be required by the Company from time to time.
Holidays: 33 days per year including an allowance for statutory/bank holidays. Six of the 33 days will be allocated to Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Day, 2nd January (or days in lieu of these given by the Company at their discretion when these days fall on weekends), Easter Friday and Easter Monday, and you will require to take a holiday from your 33 days entitlement on these days. The Company will intimate details of these days each year.
Sickness: The company sickness entitlement will be on the basis of statutory sick pay with additional sick pay at the discretion of the company
Pension: The company operates a Group Personal Pension Plan, all staff are subjected to the auto enrolment rules, where employees are automatic enrolled, opted in or can request to join the scheme.
Driving Licence: A clean or near clean current driving licence is essential.
• Wide experience of working in a target driven environment with the proven success of engaging and supporting individuals
• Experience in a training, education or learning environment that supports an individual’s progression towards employment
• Must be dynamic , able to challenge, well organised and self-motivated
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ideal background in sales, recruitment or marketing.
• Understanding of the local labour market
• Ability to influence and negotiate required outcomes and proactively promote services to a range of individuals
• Possess high standards and have excellent organisational skills, being able to prioritise workloads and deadlines
• Must have excellent face to face and telephone communication skills with the ability to work on their own initiative
• Must be prepared to work flexible hours between 8.00am to 8.00pm Monday to Friday.
• An understanding of how to support unemployed people using learning as a route way to secure employment
• Should have strong administration skills, good computer/technology skills, basic numeracy/spreadsheet skills and good written communication/record keeping skills.
• Personal interests including interest in people and willingness to learn
• Technical skills include the ability to use technology to deliver results and knowledge of welfare/benefits system
• Personal interests regarding interest in career and self-development
• Personal circumstances include willingness to travel and work flexible hours
Our application form is available in other formats upon request
All applicants must obtain a Basic Disclosure or full PVG if appropriate on successful appointment
Triage is a Disability Confident Employer who wishes to engage and encourage people with a disability or long term health condition, ensuring they have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum requirements for the job, and make reasonable adjustments to ensure candidates are not disadvantaged in any way