The Fair Start Scotland Programme is funded by the Scottish Government and is a voluntary programme designed to support individuals into long term sustainable work.
The Employment Adviser will promote the Fair Start Scotland Programme to potential referral organisations and individuals and will manage and support a caseload of participants.
The service delivered to participants will be of the highest of standard and will ensure every participant on the caseload has the opportunity to improve their life by addressing and overcoming personal barriers. This will include (although not limited to) assessing their job readiness, offering support and guidance, improving necessary skills and signposting to partner organisations as appropriate.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a target driven environment and proven success in engaging and motivating others.
• To develop relationships and network with key stakeholders including employers, jobcentre teams and provisions and funding providers to ensure smooth operation of all processes
• To develop and nurture strong supportive relationships with participants, ensuring they achieve their goals and objectives
• Ability to plan ahead and identify risk to be able to compensate and apply improvement actions quickly and effectively
• To work as part of a larger team ensuring the success of the programme and the participants we are responsible for
• Ability to work autonomously as required and self-motivated
Quality and Continuous Improvement:
• To maintain participant records to ensure audit and quality assurance that meets the needs of the contract
• Maintain the highest standards of participant care at all times
• Complete all company documentation required as part of the role accurately and timeously
• Embrace a culture of continuous improvement and openly share and promote best practice between colleagues and partners, striving for excellence across all areas of delivery
People Motivation, Coaching and Development:
• To effectively communicate the benefits of the programme and customise the programme description for potential participants
• Establish and develop links with organisations who may be supporting or hosting potential participants and establish a presence where appropriate to stimulate programme starts
• To identify, structure and recommend vacancy and training solutions, working closely with the participant to meet their specific needs.
• To motivate, stimulate and focus participants to positively engage in personal action planning and subsequent actions to support a progressive plan towards work
• To provide advice, guidance and support to participants supporting their transition from welfare to employment
• To provide advice and support to those that return to work, to maximise the potential for them to sustain in employment
• To attend training courses as identified and agreed in individual Personal Development Plans
• To understand and adhere to company policies and procedures ensuring that these are adhered to at all times
• To uphold and promote the good name and reputation of the company in all communication with stakeholders, involved/interested parties and the general public