Job Title: Curriculum Manager
Locations: Middlesbrough (covering Tees Valley)
Salary: £34,000 - £38,000 Depending on Experience
Who is Triage?
Triage provides information, advice, guidance, skills, workplace training, work preparation and supportive recruitment services that help people secure a job, progress in the workplace and build meaningful careers.
Delivering from locations across Scotland and North East England, Triage partners with multiple public, private and community organisation. Working with local, regional and national stakeholders, prime contractors and Jobcentre Plus, we deliver employment, education and training programmes that respond to the social, cultural, inclusive and economic growth agendas.
We are looking for people to join us, who reflect our values of excellence, respect, integrity, inspiration and innovation. In other words, if you have a true passion for working with and helping others, Triage could be the employer for you.
Your new role….
We are currently seeking an experienced Curriculum Manager to identify and create learning materials for existing content and to resource and develop new curricular areas within both current and future delivery locations.
The Curriculum Manager will promote a learning approach that embraces digital learning and should be able to curate content which can be delivered through a blended learning approach. They will be responsible for continually reviewing and developing the curriculum and content, ensuring this meets the needs of commissioners, learners, employers and internal stakeholders, addressing both national and local priorities.
Candidates for the post should have a proven track record of working in a training, education or learning environment. Individuals should be able to promote a strong culture of high standards of teaching learning, assessment and a continuous improvement ethos. Keeping up to date with developments and sourcing efficient and innovative teaching methods, along with experience using evaluation and feedback to improve services is essential.
• Create a curriculum framework that incorporates core life skills and key wrap around activity including IAG, wellbeing and personal development. Lead on sourcing engaging and highly
effective teaching and learning content that meets the requirements of both internal and external stakeholders including, but not limited to, Awarding Organisations, Auditory Bodies and
• Ensure that programmes of learning and associated delivery models are innovative, meet the requirements of curriculum assessment and examination regulations and are in accordance
with national guidelines and Centre policies.
• Support the implementation of delivery methodologies which adopt current and future learning and delivery technologies.
• Develop and implement a core Math, English and Digital Skills curriculum and ensure that these are contextualised in all learning delivery.
• Maintain Catalogues of Learning Content.
• To design and implement blended learning programmes which are innovative, empowering for learners and maximise opportunities for collaboration.
Quality and Continuous Improvement
• Ensure the completion of course reviews and surveys, using evaluation and learner feedback to inform curriculum improvement plans.
• To be responsive to ongoing developments and reviews which have a direct/indirect impact on your learning programme(s) and ensure that changes/amendments are made accordingly.
• Ensure that our learners have exceptional learning experiences which equip them with the skills, knowledge and behaviours to achieve outstanding success and enhance their job
prospects and careers opportunities.
• To use outcomes from organisational needs analysis to design, develop, roll out and implement tailored learning programmes which meet the needs and requirements of employers and
People motivation, coaching and development
• Support on the standardisation of the offer and ensure that the most effective programmes of learning are shared as the best practice standard and used in learning delivery.
• Work closely with colleagues to ensure Safeguarding, British Values, Prevent and Wellbeing of learners is built into delivery methodology.
• To provide comprehensive training and ongoing support to members of the Learning & Development teams so that they understand the content of your learning programme(s) and how
they should be delivered/taught so that learners and employers benefit from standardised delivery
• To provide comprehensive training and ongoing support to members of the Business Development Team so that they fully understand the content and nature of your learning programme(s)
and can articulate this to perspective employers and/or learners.
• Work collaboratively with colleagues and external sources to understand needs, support product development and drive continuous improvement, efficiency and effectiveness.
What we are looking for…
• Knowledge of curriculum planning and development in core areas including functional skills at all levels
• Proven track record of developing content and programmes of learning to exacting standards and external specifications
• Experience working with teaching and training professionals to achieve an expectation of outstanding learning results in line with Ofsted and other external auditory bodies
• The ability to link requirements of strategic plans in to operational delivery
• Structured and analytical approach to work and best practice mindset
• Excellent communication, influencing, inter-personal and relationship building skills
• Good computer/technology skills and the ability to use technology to deliver training/courses
• Teaching & Learning Level 4 or above
• Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) status
• Work exceptionally well as part of a wider team, working towards shared goals
• Be able to demonstrate a true passion for improving the lives of others
• A value’s driven individual
• Understanding of TVCA strategic skills plan with a vision of how this can be supported
• Project management experience and capability to delivery with tight timescales
• Experience within the Independent Training Provider Sector
• Assessor/Verifier Award
• The ability to use technology to deliver results
• Knowledge of welfare/benefits system
All applicants must obtain a Disclosure on successful appointment, cost of which will be reimbursed on commencement of employment.
Triage is a Disability Confident Employer who wishes to engage and encourage people with a disability or long-term health condition, ensuring they have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum requirements for the job, and make reasonable adjustments to ensure candidates are not disadvantaged in any way.