2 Days (12 hours classroom time)
Accredited by Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA)
£225pp excluding VAT (ITA funding is accepted for this course)
This is a 2 day course consisting of 12 hours classroom time. The training is delivered by a Qualified Trainer and is is accredited by Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA).
The course will involve theory; group discussions and role play with written and practical assessment.
Get the full price of this course paid for with an SDS Individual Training Account (ITA). You could use the money to build the skills you need for a job with this course or any other ITA course. Whatever you want to do, we have a wide range of ITA approved courses on offer. And because it's not a loan you don't have to pay it back.
ITA (Individual teaching account) funding is accepted for this course (Scotland only).
The topics taught and assessed are:
- How to deal with injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- How to deal with suspected head and spinal injuries
- How to deal with conditions affecting the eyes, ears and nose.
- How to deal with a chronic medical condition or sudden illness
- How to deal with a baby or infant who is experiencing the effects of extreme heat or cold
- How to deal with a baby or infant who has sustained an electric shock
- How to deal with burns or scalds
- How to deal with a baby or infant who has been poisoned
- How to deal with a baby or infant who has been bitten or stung
- How to deal with a baby or infant who has minor injuries
- Understand how to complete records relating to illness, injury or emergency
SQA certificate upon successful completion.