1 day (6 hours classroom time - can be taken over two days)
Accredited by Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA)
£110pp excluding VAT (ITA funding is accepted for this course)
This is a1 day course consisting of 6 hours classroom time. We can arrange for the course to be taken over two days split into two 3 hour sessions for your convenience.
The course will involve theory; group discussions and role play with written and practical assessment. The training is delivered by a Qualified Trainer and can be taken at one of our training locations or at a suitable location of your choice.
Get the full price of this course paid for with an SDS Individual Training Account (ITA). You could use the money to build the skills you need for a job with this course or any other ITA course. Whatever you want to do, we have a wide range of ITA approved courses on offer. And because it's not a loan you don't have to pay it back.
ITA (Individual teaching account) funding is accepted for this course (Scotland only).
The topics taught and assessed are:
- Roles and responsibilities of a paediatric first aider
- Be able to assess an emergency situation safely
- Provide first aid to an unresponsive baby or infant who is and is not breathing normally
- Recognise and assist a baby or infant who is choking
- Provide first aid to a baby or infant with external bleeding
- Provide first aid to a baby or infant who is in shock
- Provide first aid to a baby or infant with anaphylaxis
At the end of this course there will be a practical and written assessment.
SQA certificate upon successful completion.