1 day (6 hours classroom time - can be taken over two days)
Accredited by Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA)
£110pp excluding VAT (ITA funding is accepted for this course)
This is a1 day course consisting of 6 hours classroom time. We can arrange for the course to be taken over two days split into two 3 hour sessions for your convenience.
The course will involve theory; group discussions and role play with written and practical assessment. The training is delivered by a Qualified Trainer and can be taken at one of our training locations or at a suitable location of your choice. ITA (Individual teaching account) funding is accepted for this course (Scotland only).
The topics taught and assessed are:
- Roles and responsibilities of a paediatric first aider
- Be able to assess an emergency situation safely
- Provide first aid to an unresponsive baby or infant who is and is not breathing normally
- Recognise and assist a baby or infant who is choking
- Provide first aid to a baby or infant with external bleeding
- Provide first aid to a baby or infant who is in shock
- Provide first aid to a baby or infant with anaphylaxis
At the end of this course there will be a practical and written assessment.
SQA certificate upon successful completion.